There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Kentucky
Around 0.6% of Kentucky's graduates graduate from educational leadership degree programs every year. Thus, Kentucky's 16 educational leadership schools put out approximately 728 educational leadership professonals each year.
University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Lexington. 42 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from University of Kentucky in 2010. University of Kentucky charged in-state students $8,610 in tuition fees per year.
Campbellsville University, which is located in Campbellsville, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Campbellsville University graduated 9 students from its educational leadership program. The tuition rate at Campbellsville University was $19,710 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a educational leadership program is University of Louisville. University of Louisville, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Louisville. In 2010, 60 students graduated from University of Louisville educational leadership program. The tuition rate at University of Louisville was $8,424 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's educational leadership schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,202 per year, though tuition can range from $30,310 per year to $6,264 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kentucky educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bellarmine University - located in Louisville, students are charged $30,310 per year
- Georgetown College - located in Georgetown, students are charged $27,640 per year
- Asbury University - located in Wilmore, students are charged $23,303 per year
The educational leadership schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- Murray State University - located in Murray, students are charged $6,264 per year
- Morehead State University - located in Morehead, students are charged $6,492 per year
- Eastern Kentucky University - located in Richmond, students are charged $7,084 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
educational leadership graduates in Kentucky can go into a variety of professions such as preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. In 2010, there were 5,930 educational leadership professonal working in Kentucky, including 3,670 middle school principals, 470 preschool directors, and 1,230 deans. The following counties have the largest number of Kentucky educational leadership professonals:
- Clark County - 1,450 educational leadership professonals
- Bourbon County - 690 educational leadership professonals
- Adair County - 640 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of educational leadership professonals in the state of Kentucky will grow to 6,890. This would require a 12% growth in the field.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn $71,565 per year. However, Kentucky educational leadership professonal earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,950 per year to more than $163,350 per year in 2010. The counties in Kentucky with the highest average salary for educational leadership professonals are:
- Daviess County - $84,560 per year
- Edmonson County - $77,940 per year
- Clark County - $77,288 per year
On average, educational leadership professonals earn the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Bell County - $69,450 per year
- Anderson County - $70,823 per year
- Ballard County - $72,303 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in Kentucky were:
- Dean - $93,950 per year
- Middle School Principal - $80,190 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $65,020 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Kentucky were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $65,020 per year
- Preschool Director - $47,100 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in educational leadership and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Kentucky
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Kentucky
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||3,670||$80,190||31.5%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||1,230||$93,950||23.0%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||560||$65,020||27.3%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||470||$47,100||-26.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Kentucky