There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Kentucky
Around 0.1% of Kentucky's graduates graduate from electrical engineering degree programs every year. Thus, Kentucky's 7 electrical engineering schools put out approximately 87 electrical engineers each year.
Kentucky State University, which is located in Frankfort, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 55th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Kentucky State University graduated no students from its electrical engineering program. Students at Kentucky State University paid $5,720 per year in tuition fees.
Spencerian College-Lexington, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Lexington. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Spencerian College-Lexington electrical engineering program. Spencerian College-Lexington charged in-state students $14,839 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a electrical engineering program is Morehead State University. Morehead State University, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Morehead. 1 students graduated with degree in electrical engineering from Morehead State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Morehead State University was $6,492 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kentucky electrical engineering school, average tuition will be $10,492 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,170 per year to $18,048 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kentucky electrical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- ITT Technical Institute-Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Lexington - located in Lexington, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Spencerian College-Lexington - located in Lexington, students are charged $14,839 per year
The electrical engineering schools in Kentucky that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College - located in Lexington, students are charged $3,170 per year
- Kentucky State University - located in Frankfort, students are charged $5,720 per year
- Morehead State University - located in Morehead, students are charged $6,492 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrical engineering school in Kentucky go on to work as an electrical engineer. If you decide to work as an electrical engineer in Kentucky, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,170 Kentucky electrical engineers as of 2010. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of electrical engineers are:
- Clark County - 560 electrical engineers
- Bourbon County - 250 electrical engineers
- Adair County - 60 electrical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electrical engineers is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,120 electrical engineers working in the Kentucky then.
On average, an electrical engineer earns a salary of $80,900 per year in Kentucky state. But, salaries for electrical engineers can vary. In 2010, electrical engineers made as little as less than $43,910 per year or as much as more than $94,300 per year in Kentucky. The following counties in Kentucky have the highest average salaries for electrical engineers:
- Bourbon County - $108,400 per year
- Clark County - $75,890 per year
- Ballard County - $75,180 per year
An electrical engineer in the following counties in Kentucky make the lowest salaries on average:
- Edmonson County - $62,890 per year
- Adair County - $64,420 per year
- Ballard County - $75,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Kentucky
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||1,090||$60,340||-41.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Kentucky