There are schools offering electrician courses in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Kentucky
Madisonville Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a electrician program. It is located in Madisonville. 22 students graduated with a certificate in electrician from Madisonville Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Madisonville Community College was $3,120 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a electrician program is West Kentucky Community and Technical College. West Kentucky Community and Technical College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Paducah. In 2010, West Kentucky Community and Technical College graduated 127 students from its electrician program. Tuition at West Kentucky Community and Technical College was $3,120 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky with a electrician program is Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College, which is located in Cumberland. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. Tuition at Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College was $3,264 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's electrician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,144 per year, though tuition can range from $3,264 per year to $3,120 per year. In 2010, the electrician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College - located in Cumberland, students are charged $3,264 per year
- Jefferson Community and Technical College - located in Louisville, students are charged $3,200 per year
- Gateway Community and Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,200 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky electrician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Owensboro Community and Technical College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Bowling Green Technical College - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $3,120 per year
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College - located in Paducah, students are charged $3,120 per year
An electrician certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrician school in Kentucky go on to work as an electrician. Kentucky had 8,050 electricians in 2010. The largest populations of Kentucky electricians are working in the following counties:
- Clark County - 2,740 electricians
- Bell County - 1,210 electricians
- Bourbon County - 910 electricians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 10,930 electricians will be working in Kentucky state. This would require the number of electricians to grow by 3%.
On average, electricians earn $45,230 per year. However, Kentucky electricians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,700 per year to more than $82,010 per year in 2010. An electrician in the following Kentucky counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bell County - $54,060 per year
- Ballard County - $50,380 per year
- Hardin County - $49,380 per year
The Kentucky counties with the lowest average salary for electricians are:
- Edmonson County - $37,790 per year
- Adair County - $40,560 per year
- Bourbon County - $42,330 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in electrician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as automotive or HVAC.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in Kentucky
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Kentucky
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||2,360||$50,090||-8.5%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||1,090||$60,340||-41.1%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||790||$49,110||-13.2%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||290||$58,960||70.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Kentucky