There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a forensic nursing program is University of Kentucky. University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. 204 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from University of Kentucky in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Kentucky was $8,610 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a forensic nursing program is Berea College. Berea College, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Berea. In 2010, Berea College graduated 8 students from its forensic nursing program. Berea College charged in-state students $910 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky with a forensic nursing program is Midway College, which is located in Midway. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. In 2010, 87 students graduated from Midway College forensic nursing program. The tuition rate at Midway College was $19,050 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kentucky forensic nursing school, average tuition will be $8,270 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $910 per year to $30,310 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kentucky forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bellarmine University - located in Louisville, students are charged $30,310 per year
- Thomas More College - located in Ft Mitchell, students are charged $24,845 per year
- Campbellsville University - located in Campbellsville, students are charged $19,710 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Berea College - located in Berea, students are charged $910 per year
- Ashland Community and Technical College - located in Ashland, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Bowling Green Technical College - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $3,120 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from forensic nursing school in Kentucky go on to work as a forensic nurse. If you decide to work as a forensic nurse in Kentucky, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 60 Kentucky forensic nurses as of 2010. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of forensic nurses are:
A forensic nurse in Kentucky earns $62,790 per year on average.
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Kentucky
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in Kentucky
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||4,340||$81,460||22.3%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||80||$42,290|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||60||$62,790||-53.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Kentucky