There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Kentucky
Kentucky Wesleyan College, which is located in Owensboro, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 47th in the country in 2010. 2 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from Kentucky Wesleyan College in 2010. Students at Kentucky Wesleyan College paid $18,180 per year in tuition fees.
Sullivan College of Technology and Design, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a graphic design program. It is located in Louisville. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Sullivan College of Technology and Design graphic design program. The tuition rate at Sullivan College of Technology and Design was $18,718 per year.
Daymar College-Paducah Main, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a graphic design program. It is located in Paducah. Tuition at Daymar College-Paducah Main was $0 per year.
Graphic design schools in Kentucky, charge students an average tuition of $11,367 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,718 per year, or as little as $3,200 per year. The Kentucky graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Sullivan College of Technology and Design - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,718 per year
- Kentucky Wesleyan College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $18,180 per year
- Daymar College-Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $15,295 per year
The following Kentucky graphic design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Jefferson Community and Technical College - located in Louisville, students are charged $3,200 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $9,334 per year
- Spencerian College-Lexington - located in Lexington, students are charged $14,839 per year
A graphic design degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in Kentucky go on to work as a graphic designer. Kentucky had 1,730 graphic designers in 2010. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of graphic designers are:
- Clark County - 760 graphic designers
- Bourbon County - 260 graphic designers
- Ballard County - 130 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,630 graphic designers working in the Kentucky then.
On average, graphic designers earn $38,090 per year. However, this number is only an average. graphic designers in Kentucky had varying salaries from $16,770 to $74,620 per year in 2010. The following counties in Kentucky have the highest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Hardin County - $46,210 per year
- Bourbon County - $40,980 per year
- Clark County - $37,850 per year
On average, graphic designers earns the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Adair County - $28,920 per year
- Bell County - $28,930 per year
- Ballard County - $29,760 per year
For more data regarding a career in graphic design in Kentucky and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Kentucky
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Kentucky
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Kentucky