There are schools offering law programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Law Programs in Kentucky
University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a law program. It is located in Lexington. In 2010, 121 students graduated from University of Kentucky's law program. University of Kentucky charged in-state students $8,610 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky with a law program is Midway College, which is located in Midway. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. In 2010, 31 students graduated from Midway College law program. Midway College charged in-state students $19,050 in tuition fees per year.
Campbellsville University, which is located in Campbellsville, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a law program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. 21 students graduated with degree in law from Campbellsville University in 2010. Campbellsville University charged in-state students $19,710 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Kentucky's law schools ranges from $30,310 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,006 per year. In 2010, the following Kentucky law schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bellarmine University - located in Louisville, students are charged $30,310 per year
- Thomas More College - located in Ft Mitchell, students are charged $24,845 per year
- Campbellsville University - located in Campbellsville, students are charged $19,710 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky law schools were charged at the following schools:
- Owensboro Community and Technical College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Somerset Community College - located in Somerset, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College - located in Prestonsburg, students are charged $3,120 per year
A law degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs law graduates in Kentucky pursue include law clerk, administrative judge, police officer, court clerk, and paralegal. Kentucky had 25,620 law professionals in 2010. 5,280 of these law professionals were lawyers, 240 were law clerks, and 590 were administrative judges. In Kentucky, the largest numbers of law professional work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 7,550 law professionals
- Bourbon County - 3,280 law professionals
- Anderson County - 2,600 law professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 27,100 law professionals will be working in Kentucky. This would require the number of law professional to grow by 9%.
On average, law professionals earn a salary of $51,194 per year in Kentucky state. In 2010, however, some Kentucky law professional earned as little as less than $15,690 per year or as much as more than $155,230 per year. The counties in Kentucky with the highest average salary for law professionals are:
- Bell County - $61,880 per year
- Edmonson County - $56,243 per year
- Clark County - $54,673 per year
On average, law professionals earn the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Anderson County - $40,499 per year
- Ballard County - $45,647 per year
- Adair County - $46,010 per year
On average, the highest paid law professionals in Kentucky were:
- Judge - $122,740 per year
- Lawyer - $95,770 per year
- Police Detective - $62,970 per year
The law professionals with lowest average salaries in Kentucky were:
- Court Clerk - $30,200 per year
- Bailiff - $22,860 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in law. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or public administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Law in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Law in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Law in Kentucky
- Doctoral Degree in Law in Kentucky
- Certificate in Law in Kentucky
Curious what studying Law gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers||6,670||$38,820|
|Court, Municipal, and License Clerks||3,190||$30,200|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||3,170||$41,240||-11.0%|
|Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists||770||$38,030|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||610||$62,970|
|Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing Officers||590||$45,930|
|Judges, Magistrate Judges, and Magistrates||360||$122,740|
|Judicial Law Clerks||240||$32,920|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are law related jobs in Kentucky