There are schools offering mechanical engineering degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Mechanical Engineering Programs in Kentucky
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Kentucky receive mechanical engineering degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 280 mechanical engineers graduate from Kentucky's 6 mechanical engineering schools.
University of Kentucky, which is located in Lexington, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a mechanical engineering program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Kentucky graduated 116 students from its mechanical engineering program. The tuition rate at University of Kentucky was $8,610 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky with a mechanical engineering program is University of Louisville, which is located in Louisville. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, University of Louisville graduated 139 students from its mechanical engineering program. The tuition rate at University of Louisville was $8,424 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a mechanical engineering program is Western Kentucky University. Western Kentucky University, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Bowling Green. 16 students graduated with degree in mechanical engineering from Western Kentucky University in 2010. Western Kentucky University charged in-state students $7,560 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's mechanical engineering schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,196 per year, though tuition can range from $8,610 per year to $3,120 per year. In 2010, the mechanical engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- University of Kentucky - located in Lexington, students are charged $8,610 per year
- University of Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $8,424 per year
- Western Kentucky University - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $7,560 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky mechanical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Hopkinsville Community College - located in Hopkinsville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Jefferson Community and Technical College - located in Louisville, students are charged $3,200 per year
- Murray State University - located in Murray, students are charged $6,264 per year
A mechanical engineering degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
A large number of Kentucky mechanical engineering graduates become mechanical engineers. Kentucky had 2,020 mechanical engineers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Kentucky mechanical engineers:
- Clark County - 870 mechanical engineers
- Bourbon County - 300 mechanical engineers
- Ballard County - 200 mechanical engineers
On average, a mechanical engineer earns a salary of $72,450 per year in Kentucky state. In 2010, however, some Kentucky mechanical engineers earned as little as less than $39,070 per year or as much as more than $104,560 per year. A mechanical engineer in the following Kentucky counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Daviess County - $81,340 per year
- Ballard County - $79,680 per year
- Clark County - $73,720 per year
The Kentucky counties with the lowest average salary for mechanical engineers are:
- Anderson County - $58,260 per year
- Adair County - $67,680 per year
- Edmonson County - $70,880 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in mechanical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as civil engineering or mechanical engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Kentucky
- Doctoral Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Kentucky
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering in Kentucky
Curious what studying Mechanical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||860||$70,800||-16.5%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters, All Other||590||$43,610||-23.4%|
|Mechanical Engineering Technicians||270||$48,880||-25.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are mechanical engineering related jobs in Kentucky