There are schools offering medical coding classess in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Kentucky
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Kentucky graduates receive certificates in medical coding. In other words, every year an estimated 113 medical coders graduate from Kentucky's 11 medical coding schools.
ATA College, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a medical coding program. It is located in Louisville. no students graduated with a certificate in medical coding from ATA College in 2010. The tuition rate at ATA College was $11,775 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a medical coding program is Spencerian College-Lexington. Spencerian College-Lexington, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. In 2010, Spencerian College-Lexington graduated 19 students from its medical coding program. Tuition at Spencerian College-Lexington was $14,839 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky with a medical coding program is Sullivan University, which is located in Louisville. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. 0 students graduated with certificate in medical coding from Sullivan University in 2010. Sullivan University charged in-state students $17,100 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's medical coding schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,541 per year, though tuition can range from $17,100 per year to $7,490 per year. In 2010, the following Kentucky medical coding schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Sullivan University - located in Louisville, students are charged $17,100 per year
- Spencerian College - located in Louisville, students are charged $15,960 per year
- Daymar College-Scottsville - located in Scottsville, students are charged $15,295 per year
The medical coding schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- Interactive College of Technology - located in Newport, students are charged $7,490 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville - located in Hopkinsville, students are charged $8,980 per year
- ATA College - located in Louisville, students are charged $11,775 per year
A medical coding certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical coding school in Kentucky go on to work as a medical coder. In 2010, there were 2,720 medical coders working in Kentucky. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of medical coders are:
- Clark County - 850 medical coders
- Bourbon County - 410 medical coders
- Adair County - 230 medical coders
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,620 medical coders will be working in Kentucky state. This would require the number of medical coders to grow by 18%.
A medical coder in Kentucky earns $31,740 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Kentucky medical coders earned as little as less than $16,410 per year or as much as more than $56,270 per year. On average a medical coder earns the most in the following Kentucky counties:
- Hardin County - $36,530 per year
- Bourbon County - $36,220 per year
- Edmonson County - $33,920 per year
A medical coder in the following counties in Kentucky make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bell County - $25,650 per year
- Daviess County - $26,380 per year
- Adair County - $29,060 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in medical coding. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Kentucky
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Kentucky
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||2,720||$31,740||9.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Kentucky