There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Kentucky
Around 0.1% of Kentucky's graduates graduate from occupational therapy degree programs every year. That means an estimated 155 occupational therapists graduate from Kentucky's 6 occupational therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Kentucky with a occupational therapy program is Spalding University, which is located in Louisville. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. 36 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Spalding University in 2010. The tuition rate at Spalding University was $18,150 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a occupational therapy program is Eastern Kentucky University. Eastern Kentucky University, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Richmond. In 2010, Eastern Kentucky University graduated 87 students from its occupational therapy program. Students at Eastern Kentucky University paid $7,084 per year in tuition fees.
Madisonville Community College, which is located in Madisonville, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Madisonville Community College graduated 15 students from its occupational therapy programs. Madisonville Community College charged in-state students $3,120 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Kentucky occupational therapy school, average tuition will be $8,441 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $18,150 per year. The Kentucky occupational therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Spalding University - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,150 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky - located in Ft Mitchell, students are charged $9,759 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $9,334 per year
The following Kentucky occupational therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Madisonville Community College - located in Madisonville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Jefferson Community and Technical College - located in Louisville, students are charged $3,200 per year
- Eastern Kentucky University - located in Richmond, students are charged $7,084 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from occupational therapy school in Kentucky go on to work as an occupational therapist. If you decide to work as an occupational therapist in Kentucky, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,420 Kentucky occupational therapists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Kentucky occupational therapists:
- Clark County - 540 occupational therapists
- Bourbon County - 160 occupational therapists
- Edmonson County - 110 occupational therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of occupational therapists in the state of Kentucky will grow to 1,500. This would require a 32% growth in the profession.
An occupational therapist in Kentucky earns $73,570 per year on average. But, salaries for occupational therapists can vary. In 2010, occupational therapists made as little as less than $52,340 per year or as much as more than $140,210 per year in Kentucky. The counties in Kentucky with the highest average salary for an occupational therapist are:
- Hardin County - $93,330 per year
- Edmonson County - $85,920 per year
- Anderson County - $74,550 per year
An occupational therapist in the following counties in Kentucky make the lowest salaries on average:
- Daviess County - $65,090 per year
- Bell County - $68,530 per year
- Adair County - $69,680 per year
For more data regarding a career in occupational therapy in Kentucky and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Kentucky
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||310||$51,610||40.9%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||150||$33,060||36.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Kentucky