There are schools offering paralegal programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a paralegal program is University of Louisville. University of Louisville, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Louisville. 18 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from University of Louisville in 2010. Tuition at University of Louisville was $8,424 per year.
Western Kentucky University, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a paralegal program. It is located in Bowling Green. In 2010, Western Kentucky University graduated 7 students from its paralegal program. Western Kentucky University charged in-state students $7,560 in tuition fees per year.
Daymar College-Paducah Main, which is located in Paducah, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. Students at Daymar College-Paducah Main paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Kentucky's paralegal schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $6,492 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,406 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Sullivan University - located in Louisville, students are charged $17,100 per year
- Daymar College-Owensboro Campus - located in Owensboro, students are charged $15,344 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- Morehead State University - located in Morehead, students are charged $6,492 per year
- Eastern Kentucky University - located in Richmond, students are charged $7,084 per year
- Western Kentucky University - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $7,560 per year
A paralegal degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
The highest percentage of paralegal graduates in Kentucky pursue careers as a paralegal. 3,170 paralegals were working in Kentucky in 2010. In Kentucky, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 1,410 paralegals
- Bourbon County - 340 paralegals
- Anderson County - 230 paralegals
The government projects that the number of paralegals in Kentucky will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,180 paralegals working in Kentucky.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $41,240 per year in Kentucky state. In 2010, however, some Kentucky paralegals earned as little as less than $21,020 per year or as much as more than $68,950 per year. The following counties in Kentucky have the highest average salaries for paralegals:
- Anderson County - $45,310 per year
- Clark County - $43,390 per year
- Bourbon County - $42,200 per year
On average, paralegals earns the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Edmonson County - $32,130 per year
- Daviess County - $32,740 per year
- Adair County - $34,550 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Kentucky
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||3,170||$41,240||-11.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Kentucky