There are schools offering paramedic programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky with a paramedic program is Western Kentucky University, which is located in Bowling Green. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Western Kentucky University's paramedic program. The tuition rate at Western Kentucky University was $7,560 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a paramedic program is Spalding University. Spalding University, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Louisville. Tuition at Spalding University was $18,150 per year.
Eastern Kentucky University, which is located in Richmond, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Eastern Kentucky University paramedic program. Eastern Kentucky University charged in-state students $7,084 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Kentucky's paramedic schools ranges from $18,150 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,292 per year. The Kentucky paramedic schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Spalding University - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,150 per year
- Saint Catharine College - located in Saint Catharine, students are charged $15,890 per year
- Western Kentucky University - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $7,560 per year
The following Kentucky paramedic schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College - located in Elizabethtown, students are charged $3,120 per year
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College - located in Paducah, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Owensboro Community and Technical College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $3,120 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
A large number of Kentucky paramedic graduates become paramedics. If you decide to work as a paramedic in Kentucky, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,550 Kentucky paramedics as of 2010. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of paramedics are:
- Clark County - 1,280 paramedics
- Bell County - 860 paramedics
- Ballard County - 610 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in Kentucky will grow by 9%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,130 paramedics working in Kentucky.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $28,390 per year in Kentucky state. However, this number is only an average. paramedics in Kentucky had varying salaries from $15,770 to $44,980 per year in 2010. A paramedic in the following Kentucky counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Clark County - $31,620 per year
- Daviess County - $31,560 per year
- Anderson County - $29,570 per year
On average, paramedics earns the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Bell County - $25,150 per year
- Ballard County - $26,720 per year
- Adair County - $27,660 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in paramedic training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in Kentucky
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Kentucky
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||n/a||$22,640|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||4,550||$28,390||9.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Kentucky