There are schools offering social work degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a social work program is University of Kentucky. University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. 174 students graduated with a degree in social work from University of Kentucky in 2010. Tuition at University of Kentucky was $8,610 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a social work program is Campbellsville University. Campbellsville University, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Campbellsville. In 2010, Campbellsville University graduated 12 students from its social work program. Campbellsville University charged in-state students $19,710 in tuition fees per year.
Kentucky State University, which is located in Frankfort, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 55th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Kentucky State University social work program. Tuition at Kentucky State University was $5,720 per year.
Social work schools in Kentucky, charge students an average tuition of $9,623 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $23,303 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. The Kentucky social work schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Asbury University - located in Wilmore, students are charged $23,303 per year
- Campbellsville University - located in Campbellsville, students are charged $19,710 per year
- Spalding University - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,150 per year
The following Kentucky social work schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Hopkinsville Community College - located in Hopkinsville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Owensboro Community and Technical College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College - located in Prestonsburg, students are charged $3,120 per year
A social work degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
The highest percentage of social work graduates in Kentucky pursue careers as a social worker. In 2010, there were 1,410 social workers working in Kentucky. The following counties have the largest number of Kentucky social workers:
- Clark County - 460 social workers
- Bourbon County - 230 social workers
- Ballard County - 160 social workers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,890 social workers will be working in Kentucky state. This would require the number of social workers to grow by 24%.
A social worker in Kentucky makes an average of $42,590 per year. But, salaries for social workers can vary. In 2010, social workers made as little as less than $22,160 per year or as much as more than $69,560 per year in Kentucky. The following counties in Kentucky have the highest average salaries for social workers:
- Ballard County - $46,250 per year
- Clark County - $44,900 per year
- Bourbon County - $43,810 per year
The following counties in Kentucky have the lowest average salaries for social workers:
- Adair County - $32,780 per year
- Anderson County - $38,950 per year
- Bell County - $39,010 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in social work. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Kentucky
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Kentucky
- Certificate in Social Work in Kentucky
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||7,650||$37,300|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||1,510||$36,500||-30.1%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||1,410||$42,590||22.6%|
|Social Workers, All Other||450||$56,720||18.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Kentucky