There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Kentucky
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Kentucky receive surgical technology certificates every year. Thus, Kentucky's 16 surgical technologist schools put out approximately 293 surgical technologists each year.
Spencerian College, which is located in Louisville, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. 9 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Spencerian College in 2010. The tuition rate at Spencerian College was $15,960 per year.
Madisonville Community College, which is located in Madisonville, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 55 students graduated from Madisonville Community College surgical technologist program. Students at Madisonville Community College paid $3,120 per year in tuition fees.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College, which is located in Paducah, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with certificate in surgical technologist from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in 2010. Tuition at West Kentucky Community and Technical College was $3,120 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kentucky surgical technologist school, average tuition will be $6,002 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $15,960 per year. In 2010, the surgical technologist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- Spencerian College - located in Louisville, students are charged $15,960 per year
- Saint Catharine College - located in Saint Catharine, students are charged $15,890 per year
- National College-Lexington - located in Lexington, students are charged $10,489 per year
The surgical technologist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- Owensboro Community and Technical College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Bowling Green Technical College - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Hazard Community and Technical College - located in Hazard, students are charged $3,120 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from surgical technologist school in Kentucky go on to work as a surgical technologist. If you decide to work as a surgical technologist in Kentucky, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,980 Kentucky surgical technologists as of 2010. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of surgical technologists are:
- Clark County - 660 surgical technologists
- Bourbon County - 290 surgical technologists
- Ballard County - 240 surgical technologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,540 surgical technologists will be working in Kentucky state. This would require the number of surgical technologists to grow by 29%.
On average, surgical technologists earn $36,150 per year. But, salaries for surgical technologists can vary. In 2010, surgical technologists made as little as less than $22,790 per year or as much as more than $51,560 per year in Kentucky. A surgical technologist in the following Kentucky counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Clark County - $39,310 per year
- Edmonson County - $36,140 per year
- Bourbon County - $35,810 per year
The following counties in Kentucky have the lowest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Bell County - $31,460 per year
- Daviess County - $31,700 per year
- Anderson County - $34,720 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in surgical technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Kentucky
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Kentucky
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Kentucky