There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Kentucky
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Kentucky receive visual communications degrees every year. Thus, Kentucky's 8 visual communications schools put out approximately 60 visual communications professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a visual communications program is Transylvania University. Transylvania University, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. no students graduated with a degree in visual communications from Transylvania University in 2010. Students at Transylvania University paid $26,740 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky with a visual communications program is Kentucky Wesleyan College, which is located in Owensboro. In 2010, it was ranked 47th nationwide. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Kentucky Wesleyan College visual communications program. Tuition at Kentucky Wesleyan College was $18,180 per year.
Western Kentucky University, which is located in Bowling Green, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Western Kentucky University graduated 15 students from its visual communications programs. Students at Western Kentucky University paid $7,560 per year in tuition fees.
Visual communications schools in Kentucky, charge students an average tuition of $16,148 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,740 per year, or as little as $7,128 per year. In 2010, the visual communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- Transylvania University - located in Lexington, students are charged $26,740 per year
- Kentucky Wesleyan College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $18,180 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Lexington - located in Lexington, students are charged $18,048 per year
The visual communications schools in Kentucky that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northern Kentucky University - located in Newport, students are charged $7,128 per year
- Western Kentucky University - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $7,560 per year
- Saint Catharine College - located in Saint Catharine, students are charged $15,890 per year
A visual communications degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs visual communications graduates in Kentucky pursue include video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. 1,970 visual communications professionals were working in Kentucky in 2010. Of these, 1,730 were graphic designers. In addition, 60 were video editors, and 180 were audio visual technicians. In Kentucky, the largest numbers of visual communications professional work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 810 visual communications professionals
- Bourbon County - 320 visual communications professionals
- Ballard County - 130 visual communications professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 6,150 visual communications professionals will be working in Kentucky. This would require the number of visual communications professional to grow by 7%.
visual communications professionals in Kentucky earn $36,645 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Kentucky visual communications professional earned as little as less than $15,660 per year or as much as more than $74,620 per year. The counties in Kentucky with the highest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Hardin County - $46,210 per year
- Edmonson County - $37,380 per year
- Clark County - $37,005 per year
On average, visual communications professionals earn the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Adair County - $28,920 per year
- Bell County - $28,930 per year
- Ballard County - $29,760 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Kentucky were:
- Video Editor - $40,030 per year
- Graphic Designer - $38,090 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $35,160 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Kentucky were:
- Audio Visual Technician - $35,160 per year
- Artist - $33,300 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in visual communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Kentucky
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||n/a||$33,300|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||180||$35,160||-18.2%|
|Film and Video Editors||60||$40,030||-33.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Kentucky