There are schools offering accounting degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Louisiana
Tulane University of Louisiana, which is located in New Orleans, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Tulane University of Louisiana graduated 73 students from its accounting program. Students at Tulane University of Louisiana paid $41,884 per year in tuition fees.
Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which is located in Baton Rouge, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 26th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 212 students graduated from Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College accounting program. Students at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College paid $5,764 per year in tuition fees.
Centenary College of Louisiana, which is located in Shreveport, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Centenary College of Louisiana graduated 3 students from its accounting programs. Students at Centenary College of Louisiana paid $24,080 per year in tuition fees.
Accounting schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $6,336 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,884 per year, or as little as $1,032 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana accounting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Centenary College of Louisiana - located in Shreveport, students are charged $24,080 per year
The accounting schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
An accounting degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana accounting graduates become accountants. If you decide to work as an accountant in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 11,710 Louisiana accountants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana accountants:
- Jefferson Davis County - 3,990 accountants
- Ascension County - 2,760 accountants
- Bossier County - 1,000 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 14,220 accountants working in the Louisiana then.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $57,410 per year in Louisiana state. But, salaries for accountants can vary. In 2010, accountants made as little as less than $28,780 per year or as much as more than $90,330 per year in Louisiana. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for an accountant are:
- Jefferson Davis County - $59,640 per year
- Bossier County - $59,230 per year
- Ascension County - $58,040 per year
An accountant in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allen County - $49,030 per year
- Tangipahoa County - $52,440 per year
- Bienville County - $52,460 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in accounting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Accounting in Louisiana
- Certificate in Accounting in Louisiana
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||26,740||$32,110||-1.3%|
|Accountants and Auditors||11,710||$57,410||-0.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||5,720||$29,120||-12.5%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||3,470||$32,600||-6.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Louisiana