There are schools offering acting classes in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Louisiana
Tulane University of Louisiana, which is located in New Orleans, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Tulane University of Louisiana graduated 15 students from its acting program. The tuition rate at Tulane University of Louisiana was $41,884 per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a acting program is Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College. Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which was ranked 26th in the country in 2010, is located in Baton Rouge. 35 students graduated with degree in acting from Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College was $5,764 per year.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a acting program is Centenary College of Louisiana, which is located in Shreveport. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Centenary College of Louisiana acting program. Tuition at Centenary College of Louisiana was $24,080 per year.
Tuition at Louisiana's acting schools ranges from $41,884 per year to $2,174 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,134 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Louisiana acting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Centenary College of Louisiana - located in Shreveport, students are charged $24,080 per year
The acting schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Bossier Parish Community College - located in Bossier City, students are charged $2,174 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- McNeese State University - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $3,987 per year
An acting degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of acting graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as an actor. 790 actors were working in Louisiana in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana actors:
- Jefferson Davis County - 730 actors
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of actors is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 250 actors working in the Louisiana then.
On average, an actor earns a salary of $0 per year in Louisiana state.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in acting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Acting in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Acting in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Louisiana
- Certificate in Acting in Louisiana
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||640||$54,480||45.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Louisiana