There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Louisiana
Each year, approximately 0.6% of Louisiana graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 754 administrative assistants graduate from Louisiana's 26 administrative assistant schools.
American School of Business, which is located in Shreveport, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, American School of Business graduated no students from its administrative assistant program.
Unitech Training Academy, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Lafayette. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Unitech Training Academy administrative assistant program.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a administrative assistant program is Southeastern Louisiana University, which is located in Hammond. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. 8 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Southeastern Louisiana University in 2010. Tuition at Southeastern Louisiana University was $4,000 per year.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $2,173 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,032 per year to $11,900 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Career Technical College-Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $11,900 per year
- Delta School of Business and Technology - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $9,780 per year
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana - located in Natchitoches, students are charged $4,461 per year
The following Louisiana administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Louisiana go on to work as an administrative assistant. In 2010, there were 16,610 administrative assistants working in Louisiana. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Ascension County - 4,480 administrative assistants
- Jefferson Davis County - 4,430 administrative assistants
- Bossier County - 1,840 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in Louisiana will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 16,970 administrative assistants working in Louisiana.
An administrative assistant in Louisiana earns $35,820 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in Louisiana had varying salaries from $21,090 to $52,640 per year in 2010. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Jefferson Davis County - $37,330 per year
- Ascension County - $36,270 per year
- Bossier County - $36,000 per year
An administrative assistant in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allen County - $31,370 per year
- Bienville County - $31,710 per year
- Ouachita County - $34,290 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Louisiana
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Louisiana
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||37,520||$27,280||-0.8%|
|Office Clerks, General||33,330||$22,600||-16.2%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||16,610||$35,820||2.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Louisiana