There are schools offering art classes in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Louisiana
Tulane University of Louisiana, which is located in New Orleans, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a art program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. 33 students graduated with a degree in art from Tulane University of Louisiana in 2010. Tuition at Tulane University of Louisiana was $41,884 per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a art program is Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 99 students from its art program. The tuition rate at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College was $5,764 per year.
Centenary College of Louisiana, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a art program. It is located in Shreveport. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Centenary College of Louisiana art program. Students at Centenary College of Louisiana paid $24,080 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Louisiana's art schools ranges from $41,884 per year to $1,122 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,332 per year. In 2010, the art schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Centenary College of Louisiana - located in Shreveport, students are charged $24,080 per year
The art schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
- Bossier Parish Community College - located in Bossier City, students are charged $2,174 per year
- Sowela Technical Community College - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $2,307 per year
An art degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from art school in Louisiana go on to work as an artist. If you decide to work as an artist in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 70 Louisiana artists as of 2010. The largest populations of Louisiana artists are working in the following counties:
- Ascension County - 40 artists
On average, an artist earns a salary of $53,470 per year in Louisiana state. However, this number is only an average. artists in Louisiana had varying salaries from $19,940 to $52,260 per year in 2010. The following counties in Louisiana have the highest average salaries for artists:
- Ascension County - $34,660 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in art. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as animation or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Art in Louisiana
- Certificate in Art in Louisiana
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||290||n/a||123.1%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||70||$53,470||-12.5%|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||30||$35,130||-50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Louisiana