There are schools offering automotive training in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in Louisiana
Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a automotive program. It is located in West Monroe. 140 students graduated with a certificate in automotive from Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus was $1,202 per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a automotive program is Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus, which is located in Bogalusa. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. In 2010, Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus graduated 285 students from its automotive program. Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus charged in-state students $1,176 in tuition fees per year.
Gretna Career College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a automotive program. It is located in Gretna. The tuition rate at Gretna Career College was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Louisiana's automotive schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,559 per year, though tuition can range from $2,955 per year to $1,032 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Louisiana automotive schools were charged at the following schools:
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus - located in Metairie, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Louisiana Delta Community College-Tallulah Campus - located in Tallulah, students are charged $2,428 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Louisiana automotive schools were charged at the following schools:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
An automotive certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of automotive graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as an automotive mechanic. If you decide to work as an automotive mechanic in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 8,290 Louisiana automotive mechanics as of 2010. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of automotive mechanics are:
- Jefferson Davis County - 2,140 automotive mechanics
- Ascension County - 1,900 automotive mechanics
- Lafayette County - 690 automotive mechanics
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 11,140 automotive mechanics will be working in Louisiana state. This would require the number of automotive mechanics to grow by 13%.
An automotive mechanic in Louisiana makes an average of $33,500 per year. However, this number is only an average. automotive mechanics in Louisiana had varying salaries from $15,790 to $69,000 per year in 2010. An automotive mechanic in the following Louisiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bossier County - $40,560 per year
- Lafourche County - $38,590 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $38,140 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for automotive mechanics are:
- Allen County - $25,560 per year
- Acadia County - $26,440 per year
- Bienville County - $27,170 per year
For more data regarding a career in automotive repair in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or plumbing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in Louisiana
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in Louisiana
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||8,290||$33,500||-15.8%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||3,150||$39,890||-5.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in Louisiana