There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Louisiana
Around 0.6% of Louisiana's graduates graduate from bookkeeping certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 663 bookkeeping clerks graduate from Louisiana's 16 bookkeeping schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a bookkeeping program is Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus. Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in West Monroe. 22 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus in 2010. Students at Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus paid $1,202 per year in tuition fees.
Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus, which is located in Bogalusa, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus bookkeeping program. Students at Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus paid $1,176 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a bookkeeping program is Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus, which is located in Alexandria. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, 53 students graduated from Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus bookkeeping program. Tuition at Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus was $1,123 per year.
Tuition at Louisiana's bookkeeping schools ranges from $2,955 per year to $1,032 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,817 per year. In 2010, the bookkeeping schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus - located in Metairie, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Southern University at Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $2,730 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Louisiana bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. If you decide to work as a bookkeeping clerk in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 26,740 Louisiana bookkeeping clerks as of 2010. The largest populations of Louisiana bookkeeping clerks are working in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 6,680 bookkeeping clerks
- Ascension County - 6,100 bookkeeping clerks
- Lafayette County - 2,650 bookkeeping clerks
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of bookkeeping clerks is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 31,430 bookkeeping clerks working in the Louisiana then.
A bookkeeping clerk in Louisiana earns $32,110 per year on average. But, salaries for bookkeeping clerks can vary. In 2010, bookkeeping clerks made as little as less than $16,620 per year or as much as more than $47,860 per year in Louisiana. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for a bookkeeping clerk are:
- Jefferson Davis County - $34,580 per year
- Lafayette County - $33,460 per year
- Ascension County - $33,060 per year
The following counties in Louisiana have the lowest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Bienville County - $26,680 per year
- Allen County - $27,060 per year
- Acadia County - $27,380 per year
For more data regarding a career in bookkeeping in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Louisiana
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Louisiana
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||26,740||$32,110||-1.3%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||5,720||$29,120||-12.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Louisiana