There are schools offering business administration degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Louisiana
Around 2.4% of Louisiana's graduates graduate from business administration degree programs every year. That means an estimated 2,897 general managers graduate from Louisiana's 37 business administration schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a business administration program is Tulane University of Louisiana. Tulane University of Louisiana, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in New Orleans. 101 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Tulane University of Louisiana in 2010. Students at Tulane University of Louisiana paid $41,884 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a business administration program is Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 317 students from its business administration program. Tuition at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College was $5,764 per year.
Centenary College of Louisiana, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a business administration program. It is located in Shreveport. 21 students graduated with degree in business administration from Centenary College of Louisiana in 2010. Students at Centenary College of Louisiana paid $24,080 per year in tuition fees.
Business administration schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $9,627 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,884 per year, or as little as $2,174 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Louisiana business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Centenary College of Louisiana - located in Shreveport, students are charged $24,080 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Louisiana business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bossier Parish Community College - located in Bossier City, students are charged $2,174 per year
- Louisiana State University Eunice - located in Eunice, students are charged $2,488 per year
- Southern University at Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $2,730 per year
A business administration degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana business administration graduates become general managers. In 2010, there were 31,610 general managers working in Louisiana. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of general managers are:
- Jefferson Davis County - 10,140 general managers
- Ascension County - 5,260 general managers
- Bossier County - 2,890 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of Louisiana will shrink to 34,690. This would require a -1% decline in the profession.
A general manager in Louisiana earns $101,230 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Louisiana had varying salaries from $34,630 to $164,350 per year in 2010. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Jefferson Davis County - $107,370 per year
- Ascension County - $106,550 per year
- Lafourche County - $105,330 per year
A general manager in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allen County - $80,230 per year
- Tangipahoa County - $83,140 per year
- Grant County - $83,460 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Louisiana
- Certificate in Business Administration in Louisiana
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||31,610||$101,230||-17.7%|
|Administrative Services Managers||2,970||$64,320||-11.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Louisiana