There are schools offering business degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Louisiana
Approximately 6.0% of graduates in of Louisiana receive business degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 7,128 business professionals graduate from Louisiana's 54 business schools.
Tulane University of Louisiana, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a business program. It is located in New Orleans. 764 students graduated with a degree in business from Tulane University of Louisiana in 2010. The tuition rate at Tulane University of Louisiana was $41,884 per year.
Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which is located in Baton Rouge, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a business program. It received a ranking of 26th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 885 students from its business program. Students at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College paid $5,764 per year in tuition fees.
Centenary College of Louisiana, which is located in Shreveport, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a business program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. 29 students graduated with degree in business from Centenary College of Louisiana in 2010. Students at Centenary College of Louisiana paid $24,080 per year in tuition fees.
Business schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $7,069 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,884 per year, or as little as $1,032 per year. The Louisiana business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Centenary College of Louisiana - located in Shreveport, students are charged $24,080 per year
The following Louisiana business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
A business degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs business graduates in Louisiana pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. If you decide to work as a business professional in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 65,490 Louisiana business professional as of 2010. This number includes 2,830 business analysts, 970 chief executive officers, and 31,610 operations managers. In Louisiana, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 21,320 business professionals
- Ascension County - 13,590 business professionals
- Bossier County - 5,410 business professionals
The government projects that the number of business professionals in Louisiana will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 74,000 business professionals working in Louisiana. The greatest growth for business professional is predicted to be amongst Financial Advisors, who are expected to increase by 22% by 2018.
On average, business professionals earn $71,721 per year. However, Louisiana business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,860 per year to more than $164,350 per year in 2010. Business professionals in the following Louisiana counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Lafayette County - $81,846 per year
- Calcasieu County - $77,052 per year
- Ascension County - $76,262 per year
The following counties in Louisiana have the lowest average salaries for business professional:
- Tangipahoa County - $63,256 per year
- Grant County - $64,861 per year
- Bossier County - $66,123 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Louisiana were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $155,930 per year
- Operations Manager - $101,230 per year
- Financial Manager - $83,570 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Louisiana were:
- Insurance Underwriter - $46,680 per year
- Credit Counselor - $42,100 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Business in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Louisiana
- Certificate in Business in Louisiana
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||31,610||$101,230||-17.7%|
|Accountants and Auditors||11,710||$57,410||-0.8%|
|Administrative Services Managers||2,970||$64,320||-11.1%|
|Human Resources Managers||840||$79,010|
|Personal Financial Advisors||740||$60,670||10.4%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||530||$77,630||140.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Louisiana