There are schools offering carpentry programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Carpentry Programs in Louisiana
Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus, which is located in Bogalusa, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 58 students graduated from Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus' carpentry program. Tuition at Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus was $1,176 per year.
Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus, which was ranked 82nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a carpentry program. It is located in Alexandria. In 2010, Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus graduated 74 students from its carpentry program. Tuition at Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus was $1,123 per year.
Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus, which is located in Baton Rouge, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus graduated 122 students from its carpentry programs. Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus charged in-state students $1,182 in tuition fees per year.
Carpentry schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $1,514 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $2,955 per year, or as little as $1,032 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Louisiana carpentry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Louisiana Delta Community College-Tallulah Campus - located in Tallulah, students are charged $2,428 per year
- Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $1,182 per year
The following Louisiana carpentry schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
A carpentry certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana carpentry graduates become carpenters. In 2010, there were 11,750 carpenters working in Louisiana. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana carpenters:
- Ascension County - 3,620 carpenters
- Jefferson Davis County - 2,610 carpenters
- Bossier County - 990 carpenters
The government projects that the number of carpenters in Louisiana will shrink by -2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 18,200 carpenters working in Louisiana.
A carpenter in Louisiana earns $36,910 per year on average. However, Louisiana carpenters earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,490 per year to more than $56,160 per year in 2010. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for a carpenter are:
- Calcasieu County - $39,200 per year
- Lafayette County - $39,170 per year
- Ascension County - $38,560 per year
On average, carpenters earns the least in the following Louisiana counties:
- Bienville County - $31,100 per year
- Ouachita County - $31,890 per year
- Grant County - $32,350 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in carpentry and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as locksmithing or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Carpentry in Louisiana
Curious what studying Carpentry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||490||$27,800||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are carpentry related jobs in Louisiana