There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Louisiana
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Louisiana graduates receive degrees in civil engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 195 civil engineers graduate from Louisiana's 6 civil engineering schools.
Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, 110 students graduated from Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College's civil engineering program. The tuition rate at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College was $5,764 per year.
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, which is located in Lafayette, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Louisiana at Lafayette graduated 13 students from its civil engineering program. University of Louisiana at Lafayette charged in-state students $4,426 in tuition fees per year.
Louisiana Tech University, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Ruston. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Louisiana Tech University civil engineering program. The tuition rate at Louisiana Tech University was $5,545 per year.
Civil engineering schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $4,672 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $5,764 per year, or as little as $2,955 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana civil engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $5,764 per year
- Louisiana Tech University - located in Ruston, students are charged $5,545 per year
- University of New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $4,759 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Louisiana civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $4,426 per year
- Southern University and A & M College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $4,584 per year
A civil engineering degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of civil engineering graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as a civil engineer. If you decide to work as a civil engineer in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,890 Louisiana civil engineers as of 2010. The largest populations of Louisiana civil engineers are working in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 1,480 civil engineers
- Ascension County - 1,200 civil engineers
- Lafayette County - 320 civil engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,830 civil engineers will be working in Louisiana state. This would require the number of civil engineers to grow by 9%.
A civil engineer in Louisiana makes an average of $92,730 per year. However, this number is only an average. civil engineers in Louisiana had varying salaries from $43,500 to $154,350 per year in 2010. A civil engineer in the following Louisiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Lafayette County - $111,980 per year
- Ascension County - $103,370 per year
- Ouachita County - $88,790 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for civil engineers are:
- Bossier County - $70,910 per year
- Allen County - $73,590 per year
- Grant County - $74,050 per year
For more data regarding a career in civil engineering in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Louisiana
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||1,770||$45,420||6.0%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||1,230||$48,240||1.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Louisiana