There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Louisiana
Each year, roughly 0.4% of Louisiana students graduate with degrees in educational leadership. In other words, every year an estimated 433 educational leadership professonals graduate from Louisiana's 14 educational leadership schools.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana with a educational leadership program is Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 23 students from its educational leadership program. Students at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College paid $5,764 per year in tuition fees.
Xavier University of Louisiana, which was ranked 46th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a educational leadership program. It is located in New Orleans. 19 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from Xavier University of Louisiana in 2010. Students at Xavier University of Louisiana paid $17,100 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a educational leadership program is University of Louisiana at Lafayette. University of Louisiana at Lafayette, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Lafayette. 28 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 2010. University of Louisiana at Lafayette charged in-state students $4,426 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Louisiana's educational leadership schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,732 per year, though tuition can range from $17,100 per year to $3,987 per year. The Louisiana educational leadership schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Xavier University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $17,100 per year
- Our Lady of Holy Cross College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $8,139 per year
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $5,764 per year
The educational leadership schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- McNeese State University - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $3,987 per year
- Southeastern Louisiana University - located in Hammond, students are charged $4,000 per year
- Louisiana State University-Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $4,125 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
Many Louisiana educational leadership graduates become a preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. 6,790 educational leadership professonals were working in Louisiana in 2010. Of these, 4,650 were middle school principals. In addition, 280 were preschool directors, and 1,860 were deans. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana educational leadership professonals:
- Jefferson Davis County - 1,870 educational leadership professonals
- Ascension County - 1,240 educational leadership professonals
- Bossier County - 580 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that the number of educational leadership professonals in Louisiana will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,770 educational leadership professonals working in Louisiana. The greatest growth for educational leadership professonal is predicted to be amongst Distance Learning Coordinators, who are expected to increase by 15% by 2018.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn a salary of $67,450 per year in Louisiana state. However, this number is only an average. Educational leadership professonal in Louisiana had varying salaries from $30,440 to $149,710 per year in 2010. On average educational leadership professonal earn the most in the following Louisiana counties:
- Ascension County - $80,837 per year
- Bienville County - $75,580 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $73,107 per year
The following counties in Louisiana have the lowest average salaries for educational leadership professonal:
- Bossier County - $61,997 per year
- Ouachita County - $63,100 per year
- Allen County - $64,590 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in Louisiana were:
- Dean - $86,470 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $72,820 per year
- Middle School Principal - $71,770 per year
On average, the lowest paid educational leadership professonals in Louisiana were:
- Middle School Principal - $71,770 per year
- Preschool Director - $38,740 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in educational leadership and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Louisiana
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, All Other||n/a||$72,820|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,650||$71,770||25.3%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||1,860||$86,470||-28.7%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||280||$38,740||33.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Louisiana