There are schools offering electrician courses in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Louisiana
ITI Technical College, which is located in Baton Rouge, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. In 2010, ITI Technical College graduated 6 students from its electrician program.
Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus, which is located in West Monroe, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 29 students graduated from Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus electrician program. Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus charged in-state students $1,202 in tuition fees per year.
Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a electrician program. It is located in Bogalusa. In 2010, Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus graduated 3 students from its electrician programs. The tuition rate at Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus was $1,176 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Louisiana's electrician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,558 per year, though tuition can range from $2,955 per year to $1,032 per year. The Louisiana electrician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Louisiana Technical College-West Jefferson Campus - located in Harvey, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Sowela Technical Community College - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $2,307 per year
The following Louisiana electrician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
An electrician certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of electrician graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as an electrician. If you decide to work as an electrician in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,100 Louisiana electricians as of 2010. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of electricians are:
- Jefferson Davis County - 2,930 electricians
- Ascension County - 2,560 electricians
- Bossier County - 920 electricians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of electricians in the state of Louisiana will grow to 12,530. This would require a 1% growth in the profession.
An electrician in Louisiana makes an average of $43,930 per year. But, salaries for electricians can vary. In 2010, electricians made as little as less than $24,480 per year or as much as more than $74,350 per year in Louisiana. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for an electrician are:
- Bossier County - $48,560 per year
- Acadia County - $45,550 per year
- Bienville County - $44,580 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for electricians are:
- Allen County - $35,880 per year
- Tangipahoa County - $38,740 per year
- Ouachita County - $40,080 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in electrician training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Louisiana
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||1,940||$52,220||13.5%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||1,740||$51,680||-25.0%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||950||$54,930||-20.8%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||170||$60,240||6.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Louisiana