There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Louisiana
Approximately 0.5% of graduates in of Louisiana receive elementary education degrees every year. Thus, Louisiana's 20 elementary education schools put out approximately 584 elementary educators each year.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a elementary education program is Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College. Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which was ranked 26th in the country in 2010, is located in Baton Rouge. 144 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College in 2010. Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College charged in-state students $5,764 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a elementary education program is Centenary College of Louisiana. Centenary College of Louisiana, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Shreveport. In 2010, Centenary College of Louisiana graduated 9 students from its elementary education program. Tuition at Centenary College of Louisiana was $24,080 per year.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a elementary education program is Louisiana College, which is located in Pineville. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Louisiana College elementary education program. The tuition rate at Louisiana College was $13,030 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Louisiana's elementary education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,508 per year, though tuition can range from $31,754 per year to $3,360 per year. The Louisiana elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Centenary College of Louisiana - located in Shreveport, students are charged $24,080 per year
- Xavier University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $17,100 per year
The elementary education schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southern University at New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $3,360 per year
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria - located in Alexandria, students are charged $3,816 per year
- McNeese State University - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $3,987 per year
An elementary education degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in Louisiana go on to work as an elementary educator. 24,550 elementary educators were working in Louisiana in 2010. In Louisiana, the largest numbers of elementary educators work in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 5,890 elementary educators
- Ascension County - 3,240 elementary educators
- Bossier County - 2,740 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 30,660 elementary educators working in the Louisiana then.
On average, an elementary educator earns a salary of $46,530 per year in Louisiana state. However, this number is only an average. elementary educators in Louisiana had varying salaries from $32,450 to $60,120 per year in 2010. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for an elementary educator are:
- Ascension County - $48,510 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $48,490 per year
- Bossier County - $47,280 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for elementary educators are:
- Grant County - $40,490 per year
- Bienville County - $42,360 per year
- Allen County - $44,330 per year
For more data regarding a career in elementary education in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Louisiana
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||24,550||$46,530||-17.1%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,650||$71,770||25.3%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||3,990||$47,830||-5.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,850||$46,690||13.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Louisiana