There are schools offering LPN programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Louisiana
The top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a LPN program is Delta College Inc. Delta College Inc, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Covington. In 2010, Delta College Inc graduated 76 students from its LPN program.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a LPN program is Compass Career College, which is located in Hammond. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. In 2010, Compass Career College graduated 15 students from its LPN program.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a LPN program is Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus, which is located in West Monroe. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. 304 students graduated with certificate in LPN from Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus in 2010. Students at Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus paid $1,202 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana LPN school, average tuition will be $1,740 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,032 per year to $8,664 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana LPN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Our Lady of the Lake College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $8,664 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Louisiana Delta Community College-Tallulah Campus - located in Tallulah, students are charged $2,428 per year
The LPN schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
A LPN certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana LPN graduates become licensed practical nurses. In 2010, there were 22,060 licensed practical nurses working in Louisiana. In Louisiana, the largest numbers of licensed practical nurses work in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 4,650 licensed practical nurses
- Ascension County - 3,620 licensed practical nurses
- Bossier County - 2,510 licensed practical nurses
The government projects that the number of licensed practical nurses in Louisiana will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 21,460 licensed practical nurses working in Louisiana.
A licensed practical nurse in Louisiana makes an average of $37,830 per year. However, this number is only an average. licensed practical nurses in Louisiana had varying salaries from $24,610 to $55,380 per year in 2010. The following counties in Louisiana have the highest average salaries for licensed practical nurses:
- Jefferson Davis County - $41,750 per year
- Calcasieu County - $40,030 per year
- Lafayette County - $39,030 per year
A licensed practical nurse in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bienville County - $34,540 per year
- Grant County - $35,040 per year
- Ouachita County - $35,270 per year
For more data regarding a career in nursing in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Louisiana
- Certificate in Nursing in Louisiana
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||22,060||$37,830||13.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Louisiana