There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Louisiana
Each year, approximately 1.2% of Louisiana graduates receive certificates in medical assisting. Thus, Louisiana's 27 medical assistant schools put out approximately 1,394 medical assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana with a medical assistant program is Ayers Career College, which is located in Shreveport. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, Ayers Career College graduated 8 students from its medical assistant program.
Unitech Training Academy, which is located in Lafayette, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a medical assistant program is American Commercial College. American Commercial College, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Shreveport. 27 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from American Commercial College in 2010. Tuition at American Commercial College was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana medical assistant school, average tuition will be $4,141 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,032 per year to $15,182 per year. The Louisiana medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Blue Cliff College-Metairie - located in Metairie, students are charged $15,182 per year
- Remington College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Remington College-Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $14,745 per year
The medical assistant schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
- Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $1,182 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. 6,170 medical assistants were working in Louisiana in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana medical assistants:
- Jefferson Davis County - 1,990 medical assistants
- Ascension County - 1,080 medical assistants
- Lafayette County - 600 medical assistants
The government projects that the number of medical assistants in Louisiana will grow by 34%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,080 medical assistants working in Louisiana.
A medical assistant in Louisiana makes an average of $25,370 per year. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $16,090 per year or as much as more than $36,450 per year in Louisiana. On average a medical assistant earns the most in the following Louisiana counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - $27,570 per year
- Ascension County - $26,450 per year
- Bossier County - $26,000 per year
On average, medical assistants earns the least in the following Louisiana counties:
- Calcasieu County - $21,000 per year
- Acadia County - $21,640 per year
- Lafayette County - $22,350 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Louisiana
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Louisiana
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Louisiana