There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Louisiana
Approximately 1.6% of graduates in of Louisiana receive nurse assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,899 nursing assistants graduate from Louisiana's 15 nursing assistant schools.
Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in West Monroe. In 2010, 233 students graduated from Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus' nursing assistant program. The tuition rate at Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus was $1,202 per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a nursing assistant program is Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus. Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Bogalusa. 337 students graduated with certificate in nursing assistant from Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus in 2010. Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus charged in-state students $1,176 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a nursing assistant program is Gretna Career College, which is located in Gretna. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. 9 students graduated with certificate in nursing assistant from Gretna Career College in 2010. Students at Gretna Career College paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Nursing assistant schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $1,634 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $2,955 per year, or as little as $1,032 per year. In 2010, the nursing assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Louisiana Technical College-West Jefferson Campus - located in Harvey, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus - located in Metairie, students are charged $2,955 per year
The nursing assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana nursing assistant graduates become nursing assistants. 23,930 nursing assistants were working in Louisiana in 2010. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of nursing assistants are:
- Jefferson Davis County - 4,800 nursing assistants
- Ascension County - 3,740 nursing assistants
- Bossier County - 3,160 nursing assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 30,640 nursing assistants will be working in Louisiana state. This would require the number of nursing assistants to grow by 19%.
A nursing assistant in Louisiana earns $20,210 per year on average. However, Louisiana nursing assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,470 per year to more than $31,450 per year in 2010. On average a nursing assistant earns the most in the following Louisiana counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - $23,300 per year
- Tangipahoa County - $21,180 per year
- Lafourche County - $21,060 per year
On average, nursing assistants earns the least in the following Louisiana counties:
- Bienville County - $17,540 per year
- Allen County - $17,990 per year
- Acadia County - $18,500 per year
For more data regarding a career in nurse assisting in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Louisiana
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||23,930||$20,210||-11.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Louisiana