There are schools offering paralegal programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Louisiana
Tulane University of Louisiana, which is located in New Orleans, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Tulane University of Louisiana's paralegal program. The tuition rate at Tulane University of Louisiana was $41,884 per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a paralegal program is Baton Rouge College, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Baton Rouge College paralegal program. The tuition rate at Baton Rouge College was $8,297 per year.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a paralegal program is McNeese State University. McNeese State University, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Lake Charles. In 2010, 7 students graduated from McNeese State University paralegal program. Tuition at McNeese State University was $3,987 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Louisiana's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,851 per year, though tuition can range from $41,884 per year to $1,202 per year. The Louisiana paralegal schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Baton Rouge - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Saint Rose - located in Saint Rose, students are charged $18,048 per year
The paralegal schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus - located in West Monroe, students are charged $1,202 per year
- Nunez Community College - located in Chalmette, students are charged $2,046 per year
- Louisiana State University Eunice - located in Eunice, students are charged $2,488 per year
A paralegal degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana paralegal graduates become paralegals. In 2010, there were 3,710 paralegals working in Louisiana. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of paralegals are:
- Jefferson Davis County - 2,210 paralegals
- Ascension County - 420 paralegals
- Bossier County - 290 paralegals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paralegals is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,550 paralegals working in the Louisiana then.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $44,570 per year in Louisiana state. However, this number is only an average. paralegals in Louisiana had varying salaries from $18,540 to $78,000 per year in 2010. The following counties in Louisiana have the highest average salaries for paralegals:
- Grant County - $52,220 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $47,190 per year
- Bossier County - $46,820 per year
A paralegal in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Tangipahoa County - $30,480 per year
- Acadia County - $34,720 per year
- Ascension County - $36,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in paralegal studies in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Louisiana
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Louisiana
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||3,710||$44,570||-1.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Louisiana