There are schools offering paramedic programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Louisiana
Around 0.9% of Louisiana's graduates graduate from paramedic training certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 1,050 paramedics graduate from Louisiana's 11 paramedic schools each year.
Nicholls State University, which is located in Thibodaux, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. 2 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from Nicholls State University in 2010. Students at Nicholls State University paid $4,292 per year in tuition fees.
Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a paramedic program. It is located in West Monroe. In 2010, Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus graduated 47 students from its paramedic program. Students at Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus paid $1,202 per year in tuition fees.
Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a paramedic program. It is located in Bogalusa. 55 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus was $1,176 per year.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana paramedic school, average tuition will be $2,099 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,092 per year to $4,292 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana paramedic schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Nicholls State University - located in Thibodaux, students are charged $4,292 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Southern University at Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $2,730 per year
The paramedic schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus - located in Alexandria, students are charged $1,123 per year
- Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus - located in Bogalusa, students are charged $1,176 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of paramedic graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as a paramedic. 3,470 paramedics were working in Louisiana in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana paramedics:
- Jefferson Davis County - 930 paramedics
- Ascension County - 310 paramedics
- Bossier County - 250 paramedics
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,670 paramedics will be working in Louisiana state. This would require the number of paramedics to grow by 20%.
On average, paramedics earn $34,610 per year. However, Louisiana paramedics earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,130 per year to more than $56,950 per year in 2010. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for a paramedic are:
- Bienville County - $39,860 per year
- Ascension County - $39,420 per year
- Grant County - $37,200 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for paramedics are:
- Bossier County - $29,090 per year
- Lafourche County - $31,830 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $32,410 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in paramedic training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Louisiana
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Louisiana
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||3,470||$34,610||23.9%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||240||$25,580||-29.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Louisiana