There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Louisiana
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Louisiana receive pharmacy technician training certificates every year. Thus, Louisiana's 12 pharmacy technician schools put out approximately 318 pharmacy technicians each year.
Ayers Career College, which is located in Shreveport, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. 47 students graduated with a certificate in pharmacy technician from Ayers Career College in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a pharmacy technician program is Unitech Training Academy. Unitech Training Academy, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Lafayette. 16 students graduated with certificate in pharmacy technician from Unitech Training Academy in 2010.
Unitech Training Academy-West Monroe, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in West Monroe. 17 students graduated with certificate in pharmacy technician from Unitech Training Academy-West Monroe in 2010. The tuition rate at Unitech Training Academy-West Monroe was $0 per year.
Tuition at Louisiana's pharmacy technician schools ranges from $14,745 per year to $1,032 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,245 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana pharmacy technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Remington College-Baton Rouge - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria - located in Alexandria, students are charged $3,816 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Louisiana pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus - located in Alexandria, students are charged $1,123 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of pharmacy technician graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as a pharmacy technician. 5,140 pharmacy technicians were working in Louisiana in 2010. The largest populations of Louisiana pharmacy technicians are working in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 1,430 pharmacy technicians
- Ascension County - 870 pharmacy technicians
- Bossier County - 510 pharmacy technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of pharmacy technicians is expected to grow by 34% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,230 pharmacy technicians working in the Louisiana then.
On average, pharmacy technicians earn $28,110 per year. But, salaries for pharmacy technicians can vary. In 2010, pharmacy technicians made as little as less than $17,310 per year or as much as more than $38,970 per year in Louisiana. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for a pharmacy technician are:
- Grant County - $29,890 per year
- Acadia County - $29,300 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $29,050 per year
A pharmacy technician in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Ouachita County - $23,530 per year
- Bienville County - $24,340 per year
- Calcasieu County - $26,460 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Louisiana
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Louisiana
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Louisiana