There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Louisiana
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Louisiana graduates receive degrees in respiratory therapy. That means an estimated 151 respiratory therapists graduate from Louisiana's 9 respiratory therapy schools each year.
Career Technical College, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Monroe. In 2010, Career Technical College graduated 29 students from its respiratory therapy program. The tuition rate at Career Technical College was $13,104 per year.
Nicholls State University, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Thibodaux. In 2010, Nicholls State University graduated 17 students from its respiratory therapy program. Tuition at Nicholls State University was $4,292 per year.
Our Lady of the Lake College, which is located in Baton Rouge, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 85th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Our Lady of the Lake College graduated 12 students from its respiratory therapy programs. The tuition rate at Our Lady of the Lake College was $8,664 per year.
Respiratory therapy schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $4,600 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,104 per year, or as little as $2,042 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana respiratory therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Career Technical College - located in Monroe, students are charged $13,104 per year
- Our Lady of the Lake College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $8,664 per year
- Nicholls State University - located in Thibodaux, students are charged $4,292 per year
The respiratory therapy schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- L E Fletcher Technical Community College - located in Houma, students are charged $2,042 per year
- Bossier Parish Community College - located in Bossier City, students are charged $2,174 per year
- Louisiana State University Eunice - located in Eunice, students are charged $2,488 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of respiratory therapy graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as a respiratory therapist. Louisiana had 2,030 respiratory therapists in 2010. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of respiratory therapists are:
- Jefferson Davis County - 600 respiratory therapists
- Ascension County - 260 respiratory therapists
- Bossier County - 250 respiratory therapists
The government projects that the number of respiratory therapists in Louisiana will grow by 25%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,580 respiratory therapists working in Louisiana.
A respiratory therapist in Louisiana makes an average of $49,060 per year. However, this number is only an average. respiratory therapists in Louisiana had varying salaries from $34,310 to $69,530 per year in 2010. On average a respiratory therapist earns the most in the following Louisiana counties:
- Ouachita County - $55,080 per year
- Lafayette County - $51,070 per year
- Bienville County - $50,800 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for respiratory therapists are:
- Lafourche County - $44,440 per year
- Tangipahoa County - $47,080 per year
- Allen County - $47,410 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Louisiana
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in Louisiana
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||460||$45,980||-25.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Louisiana