There are schools offering social work degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Louisiana
The top-ranked school in Louisiana with a social work program is Tulane University of Louisiana, which is located in New Orleans. In 2010, it was ranked 18th nationwide. 107 students graduated with a degree in social work from Tulane University of Louisiana in 2010. Tuition at Tulane University of Louisiana was $41,884 per year.
Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a social work program. It is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 96 students from its social work program. Students at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College paid $5,764 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a social work program is Louisiana College, which is located in Pineville. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. 4 students graduated with degree in social work from Louisiana College in 2010. Students at Louisiana College paid $13,030 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana social work school, average tuition will be $8,946 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,360 per year to $41,884 per year. The Louisiana social work schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Louisiana College - located in Pineville, students are charged $13,030 per year
- Our Lady of Holy Cross College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $8,139 per year
The social work schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southern University at New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $3,360 per year
- Southeastern Louisiana University - located in Hammond, students are charged $4,000 per year
- Louisiana State University-Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $4,125 per year
A social work degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from social work school in Louisiana go on to work as a social worker. If you decide to work as a social worker in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,440 Louisiana social workers as of 2010. The largest populations of Louisiana social workers are working in the following counties:
- Ascension County - 390 social workers
- Jefferson Davis County - 320 social workers
- Bossier County - 140 social workers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of social workers in the state of Louisiana will grow to 1,850. This would require a 24% growth in the profession.
On average, a social worker earns a salary of $43,870 per year in Louisiana state. In 2010, however, some Louisiana social workers earned as little as less than $18,290 per year or as much as more than $90,530 per year. The following counties in Louisiana have the highest average salaries for social workers:
- Jefferson Davis County - $51,650 per year
- Tangipahoa County - $49,630 per year
- Lafayette County - $48,500 per year
A social worker in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Ouachita County - $35,360 per year
- Acadia County - $35,720 per year
- Grant County - $36,400 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in social work. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Louisiana
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||2,450||$45,860||-14.0%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||1,650||$40,990|
|Healthcare Social Workers||1,440||$43,870||18.0%|
|Social Workers, All Other||900||$51,170||-9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Louisiana