There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Louisiana
Around 0.2% of Louisiana's graduates graduate from surgical technology certificate programs every year. Thus, Louisiana's 10 surgical technologist schools put out approximately 228 surgical technologists each year.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana with a surgical technologist program is Career Technical College, which is located in Monroe. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. 46 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Career Technical College in 2010. Students at Career Technical College paid $13,104 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a surgical technologist program is Career Technical College-Shreveport. Career Technical College-Shreveport, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Shreveport. In 2010, Career Technical College-Shreveport graduated 31 students from its surgical technologist program. Tuition at Career Technical College-Shreveport was $11,900 per year.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a surgical technologist program is Medvance Institute of Baton Rouge, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, 30 students graduated from Medvance Institute of Baton Rouge surgical technologist program. Students at Medvance Institute of Baton Rouge paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana surgical technologist school, average tuition will be $5,441 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,032 per year to $13,104 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana surgical technologist schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Career Technical College - located in Monroe, students are charged $13,104 per year
- Career Technical College-Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $11,900 per year
- Herzing University - located in Kenner, students are charged $10,763 per year
The surgical technologist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Bossier Parish Community College - located in Bossier City, students are charged $2,174 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana surgical technologist graduates become surgical technologists. 1,480 surgical technologists were working in Louisiana in 2010. The largest populations of Louisiana surgical technologists are working in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 510 surgical technologists
- Ascension County - 290 surgical technologists
- Bossier County - 180 surgical technologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of surgical technologists is expected to grow by 26% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,590 surgical technologists working in the Louisiana then.
A surgical technologist in Louisiana makes an average of $36,680 per year. However, Louisiana surgical technologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,950 per year to more than $52,810 per year in 2010. On average a surgical technologist earns the most in the following Louisiana counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - $40,600 per year
- Calcasieu County - $37,880 per year
- Lafayette County - $37,560 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for surgical technologists are:
- Bossier County - $30,510 per year
- Bienville County - $33,090 per year
- Ouachita County - $33,120 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Louisiana
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Louisiana
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Louisiana