There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Louisiana
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Louisiana receive visual communications degrees every year. Thus, Louisiana's 8 visual communications schools put out approximately 95 visual communications professionals each year.
Louisiana College, which is located in Pineville, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a degree in visual communications from Louisiana College in 2010. The tuition rate at Louisiana College was $13,030 per year.
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, which is located in Lafayette, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. 31 students graduated with degree in visual communications from University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 2010. Tuition at University of Louisiana at Lafayette was $4,426 per year.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a visual communications program is Loyola University New Orleans, which is located in New Orleans. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 9 students graduated with degree in visual communications from Loyola University New Orleans in 2010. The tuition rate at Loyola University New Orleans was $31,754 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Louisiana's visual communications schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,223 per year, though tuition can range from $31,754 per year to $2,174 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana visual communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Saint Rose - located in Saint Rose, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Baton Rouge - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Louisiana visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bossier Parish Community College - located in Bossier City, students are charged $2,174 per year
- Sowela Technical Community College - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $2,307 per year
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $4,426 per year
A visual communications degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
Video editor, audio visual technician, and artist are the professions of choice for a majority of visual communications graduates in Louisiana. 2,480 visual communications professionals were working in Louisiana in 2010. Of these, 1,760 were graphic designers. In addition, 100 were video editors, and 550 were audio visual technicians. In Louisiana, the largest numbers of visual communications professional work in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 1,100 visual communications professionals
- Ascension County - 570 visual communications professionals
- Lafayette County - 180 visual communications professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of visual communications professionals is expected to grow by 15% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,300 visual communications professionals working in Louisiana then. Of these 3,300 visual communications professionals, the government predicts that 2,430 will be graphic designers, 300 will be video editors, and 430 will be audio visual technicians.
visual communications professionals in Louisiana earn $43,798 per year on average. However, Louisiana visual communications professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $19,690 per year to more than $96,180 per year in 2010. On average visual communications professional earn the most in the following Louisiana counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - $42,460 per year
- Ascension County - $40,820 per year
- Ouachita County - $35,440 per year
Visual communications professionals in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Acadia County - $25,910 per year
- Bienville County - $27,690 per year
- Calcasieu County - $31,010 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Louisiana were:
- Artist - $53,470 per year
- Video Editor - $47,800 per year
- Graphic Designer - $37,630 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Louisiana were:
- Graphic Designer - $37,630 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $36,290 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in visual communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Louisiana
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Louisiana
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||550||$36,290||-6.8%|
|Film and Video Editors||100||$47,800|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||70||$53,470||-12.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Louisiana