There are schools offering chemistry courses in Maine!
Schools Offering Chemistry Programs in Maine
The top-ranked school in Maine with a chemistry program is Bowdoin College, which is located in Brunswick. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Bowdoin College's chemistry program. Bowdoin College charged in-state students $41,565 in tuition fees per year.
Colby College, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Maine that has a chemistry program. It is located in Waterville. In 2010, Colby College graduated 21 students from its chemistry program.
The third-ranked school in Maine with a chemistry program is University of Maine, which is located in Orono. In 2010, it was ranked 34th nationwide. 11 students graduated with degree in chemistry from University of Maine in 2010. University of Maine charged in-state students $10,142 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Maine chemistry school, average tuition will be $16,296 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $8,538 per year to $41,565 per year. The Maine chemistry schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Bowdoin College - located in Brunswick, students are charged $41,565 per year
- University of New England - located in Biddeford, students are charged $29,330 per year
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine - located in Standish, students are charged $27,345 per year
The chemistry schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Maine were:
- University of Southern Maine - located in Portland, students are charged $8,538 per year
- University of Maine - located in Orono, students are charged $10,142 per year
- Husson University - located in Bangor, students are charged $13,450 per year
A chemistry degree from a Maine school... what next?
The highest percentage of chemistry graduates in Maine pursue careers as a chemist. 250 chemists were working in Maine in 2010. In Maine, the largest numbers of chemists work in the following counties:
- Cumberland County - 50 chemists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 190 chemists will be working in Maine state. This would require the number of chemists to grow by 7%.
A chemist in Maine makes an average of $64,630 per year. However, this number is only an average. chemists in Maine had varying salaries from $41,080 to $113,390 per year in 2010. The following counties in Maine have the highest average salaries for chemists:
- Cumberland County - $61,895 per year
For more data regarding a career in chemistry in Maine and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physics or chemistry, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry in Maine
- Master's Degree in Chemistry in Maine
- Doctoral Degree in Chemistry in Maine
Curious what studying Chemistry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maine
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Chemical Plant and System Operators||130||$50,510||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are chemistry related jobs in Maine