There are schools offering history degrees in Maine!
Schools Offering History Programs in Maine
Bowdoin College, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Maine that has a history program. It is located in Brunswick. In 2010, 26 students graduated from Bowdoin College's history program. The tuition rate at Bowdoin College was $41,565 per year.
Colby College, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Maine that has a history program. It is located in Waterville. In 2010, Colby College graduated 28 students from its history program.
University of Maine, which is located in Orono, is the third-ranked school in Maine that has a history program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 43 students graduated from University of Maine history program. Students at University of Maine paid $10,142 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Maine history school, average tuition will be $14,011 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,075 per year to $41,565 per year. In 2010, the history schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Maine were:
- Bowdoin College - located in Brunswick, students are charged $41,565 per year
- University of New England - located in Biddeford, students are charged $29,330 per year
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine - located in Standish, students are charged $27,345 per year
The history schools in Maine that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- University of Maine at Machias - located in Machias, students are charged $7,075 per year
- University of Maine at Presque Isle - located in Presque Isle, students are charged $7,090 per year
- University of Southern Maine - located in Portland, students are charged $8,538 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maine statistics regarding a career in history and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as political science or history.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Maine
- Master's Degree in History in Maine
- Doctoral Degree in History in Maine
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maine
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Maine