There are schools offering sociology degrees in Maine!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Maine
The top-ranked school in Maine with a sociology program is Bowdoin College, which is located in Brunswick. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. 10 students graduated with a degree in sociology from Bowdoin College in 2010. Tuition at Bowdoin College was $41,565 per year.
Colby College, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Maine that has a sociology program. It is located in Waterville. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Colby College sociology program.
University of Maine, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Maine that has a sociology program. It is located in Orono. In 2010, 27 students graduated from University of Maine sociology program. Tuition at University of Maine was $10,142 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Maine's sociology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,781 per year, though tuition can range from $41,565 per year to $7,090 per year. The Maine sociology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Bowdoin College - located in Brunswick, students are charged $41,565 per year
- University of New England - located in Biddeford, students are charged $29,330 per year
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine - located in Standish, students are charged $27,345 per year
The sociology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Maine were:
- University of Maine at Presque Isle - located in Presque Isle, students are charged $7,090 per year
- University of Southern Maine - located in Portland, students are charged $8,538 per year
- University of Maine at Farmington - located in Farmington, students are charged $9,022 per year
For more data regarding a career in sociology in Maine and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Maine
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maine
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||80||$81,500||14.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Maine