There are schools offering accounting degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Maryland
The top-ranked school in Maryland that has a accounting program is Towson University. Towson University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. In 2010, 138 students graduated from Towson University's accounting program. Students at Towson University paid $7,656 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a accounting program is University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. Students at University of Maryland-Baltimore County paid $9,171 per year in tuition fees.
Salisbury University, which is located in Salisbury, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. 60 students graduated with degree in accounting from Salisbury University in 2010. Students at Salisbury University paid $6,908 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Maryland accounting school, average tuition will be $9,479 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,204 per year to $39,350 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Maryland accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Loyola University Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $39,350 per year
- McDaniel College - located in Westminster, students are charged $33,280 per year
- Mount St. Mary's University - located in Emmitsburg, students are charged $30,350 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Maryland accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
An accounting degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Most people who graduate from accounting school in Maryland go on to work as an accountant. If you decide to work as an accountant in Maryland, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 22,240 Maryland accountants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Maryland accountants:
- Anne Arundel County - 11,570 accountants
- Frederick County - 6,880 accountants
- Caroline County - 440 accountants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 32,050 accountants will be working in Maryland state. This would require the number of accountants to grow by 26%.
An accountant in Maryland earns $75,870 per year on average. But, salaries for accountants can vary. In 2010, accountants made as little as less than $28,040 per year or as much as more than $122,900 per year in Maryland. The following counties in Maryland have the highest average salaries for accountants:
- Frederick County - $80,850 per year
- St. Mary's County - $74,940 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $74,680 per year
An accountant in the following counties in Maryland make the lowest salaries on average:
- Garrett County - $50,230 per year
- Allegany County - $52,860 per year
- Washington County - $57,220 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Maryland
- Certificate in Accounting in Maryland
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||26,190||$39,870||-7.8%|
|Accountants and Auditors||22,240||$75,870||1.9%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||8,240||$36,390||11.5%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||2,700||$40,220||-18.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Maryland