There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Maryland!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Maryland
- Administrative Assistant Courses in New Jersey
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Delaware
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Virginia
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Pennsylvania
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Washington DC
- Administrative Assistant Courses in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Maryland
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Maryland receive administrative assisting certificates every year. Thus, Maryland's 12 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 55 administrative assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland that has a administrative assistant program is Allegany College of Maryland. Allegany College of Maryland, which was ranked 85th in the country in 2010, is located in Cumberland. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Allegany College of Maryland's administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Allegany College of Maryland was $3,266 per year.
Hagerstown Community College, which was ranked 86th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Hagerstown. Students at Hagerstown Community College paid $2,716 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Maryland that has a administrative assistant program is Washington Adventist University. Washington Adventist University, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Takoma Park. In 2010, Washington Adventist University graduated 0 students from its administrative assistant programs. The tuition rate at Washington Adventist University was $20,180 per year.
If you choose to attend a Maryland administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $4,439 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,204 per year to $20,180 per year. In 2010, the following Maryland administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Washington Adventist University - located in Takoma Park, students are charged $20,180 per year
- Howard Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $4,063 per year
- Prince George's Community College - located in Upper Marlboro, students are charged $3,290 per year
The administrative assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Maryland school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Maryland go on to work as an administrative assistant. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in Maryland, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 21,300 Maryland administrative assistants as of 2010. In Maryland, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 10,020 administrative assistants
- Frederick County - 6,910 administrative assistants
- Caroline County - 340 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in Maryland will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 27,520 administrative assistants working in Maryland.
On average, administrative assistants earn $52,490 per year. However, Maryland administrative assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $24,290 per year to more than $83,340 per year in 2010. The counties in Maryland with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- St. Mary's County - $57,250 per year
- Frederick County - $54,150 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $49,730 per year
The Maryland counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Allegany County - $38,870 per year
- Washington County - $38,930 per year
- Somerset County - $42,600 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Maryland
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Maryland
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||64,390||$29,730||0.7%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||37,790||$37,130||-5.0%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||21,300||$52,490||-19.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Maryland