There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Maryland!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Maryland
The top-ranked school in Maryland that has a bookkeeping program is Allegany College of Maryland. Allegany College of Maryland, which was ranked 85th in the country in 2010, is located in Cumberland. 1 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Allegany College of Maryland in 2010. Tuition at Allegany College of Maryland was $3,266 per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a bookkeeping program is Hagerstown Community College, which is located in Hagerstown. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. In 2010, Hagerstown Community College graduated 7 students from its bookkeeping program. The tuition rate at Hagerstown Community College was $2,716 per year.
Washington Adventist University, which is located in Takoma Park, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Washington Adventist University was $20,180 per year.
If you choose to attend a Maryland bookkeeping school, average tuition will be $4,285 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,204 per year to $20,180 per year. In 2010, the following Maryland bookkeeping schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Washington Adventist University - located in Takoma Park, students are charged $20,180 per year
- Montgomery College - located in Rockville, students are charged $4,272 per year
- Anne Arundel Community College - located in Arnold, students are charged $3,504 per year
The following Maryland bookkeeping schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Maryland school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Maryland pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. In 2010, there were 26,190 bookkeeping clerks working in Maryland. The Maryland counties with the largest populations of bookkeeping clerks are:
- Anne Arundel County - 13,240 bookkeeping clerks
- Frederick County - 6,010 bookkeeping clerks
- Caroline County - 1,030 bookkeeping clerks
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 33,070 bookkeeping clerks will be working in Maryland state. This would require the number of bookkeeping clerks to grow by 9%.
A bookkeeping clerk in Maryland earns $39,870 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. bookkeeping clerks in Maryland had varying salaries from $16,880 to $60,630 per year in 2010. The following counties in Maryland have the highest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Frederick County - $42,350 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $39,390 per year
- St. Mary's County - $38,020 per year
A bookkeeping clerk in the following counties in Maryland make the lowest salaries on average:
- Garrett County - $29,660 per year
- Allegany County - $31,240 per year
- Caroline County - $31,970 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Maryland
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Maryland
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||26,190||$39,870||-7.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||8,240||$36,390||11.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Maryland