There are schools offering business administration degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Maryland
- Business Administration Degrees in New Jersey
- Business Administration Degrees in Delaware
- Business Administration Degrees in Virginia
- Business Administration Degrees in Pennsylvania
- Business Administration Degrees in Washington DC
- Business Administration Degrees in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Maryland
Around 3.9% of Maryland's graduates graduate from business administration degree programs every year. That means an estimated 5,124 general managers graduate from Maryland's 42 business administration schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a business administration program is Johns Hopkins University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. 192 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Johns Hopkins University in 2010. The tuition rate at Johns Hopkins University was $40,680 per year.
Towson University, which is located in Baltimore, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Towson University graduated 558 students from its business administration program. Students at Towson University paid $7,656 per year in tuition fees.
University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a business administration program. It is located in Baltimore. 138 students graduated with degree in business administration from University of Maryland-Baltimore County in 2010. Tuition at University of Maryland-Baltimore County was $9,171 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Maryland's business administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,452 per year, though tuition can range from $40,680 per year to $2,204 per year. The Maryland business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Loyola University Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $39,350 per year
- Washington College - located in Chestertown, students are charged $36,738 per year
The business administration schools in Maryland that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
A business administration degree from a Maryland school... what next?
A large number of Maryland business administration graduates become general managers. In 2010, there were 51,990 general managers working in Maryland. The largest populations of Maryland general managers are working in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 26,230 general managers
- Frederick County - 13,240 general managers
- Washington County - 1,420 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of Maryland will shrink to 54,390. This would require a 0% decline in the profession.
A general manager in Maryland makes an average of $120,860 per year. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Maryland had varying salaries from $30,410 to $139,800 per year in 2010. On average a general manager earns the most in the following Maryland counties:
- Frederick County - $137,060 per year
- St. Mary's County - $121,940 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $117,080 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following Maryland counties:
- Allegany County - $76,720 per year
- Caroline County - $78,740 per year
- Garrett County - $80,510 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Maryland
- Certificate in Business Administration in Maryland
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||51,990||$120,860||3.0%|
|Administrative Services Managers||7,720||$80,070||-1.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Maryland