There are schools offering business management courses in Maryland!
Schools Offering Business Management Programs in Maryland
Around 0.2% of Maryland's graduates graduate from business management degree programs every year. That means an estimated 258 business administrators graduate from Maryland's 14 business management schools each year.
Johns Hopkins University, which was ranked 12th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a business management program. It is located in Baltimore. In 2010, Johns Hopkins University graduated 47 students from its business management program. Students at Johns Hopkins University paid $40,680 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a business management program is Towson University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. Students at Towson University paid $7,656 per year in tuition fees.
Mount St. Mary's University, which is located in Emmitsburg, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a business management program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. Mount St. Mary's University charged in-state students $30,350 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Maryland business management school, average tuition will be $14,096 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,716 per year to $40,680 per year. In 2010, the following Maryland business management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Mount St. Mary's University - located in Emmitsburg, students are charged $30,350 per year
- College of Notre Dame of Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $28,350 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Maryland business management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
- Cecil College - located in North East, students are charged $3,010 per year
- Anne Arundel Community College - located in Arnold, students are charged $3,504 per year
A business management degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Most people who graduate from business management school in Maryland go on to work as a business administrator. Maryland had 7,720 business administrators in 2010. The largest populations of Maryland business administrators are working in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 4,740 business administrators
- Frederick County - 1,490 business administrators
- Somerset County - 180 business administrators
The government projects that the number of business administrators in Maryland will grow by 9%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,640 business administrators working in Maryland.
On average, a business administrator earns a salary of $80,070 per year in Maryland state. In 2010, however, some Maryland business administrators earned as little as less than $26,680 per year or as much as more than $146,110 per year. On average a business administrator earns the most in the following Maryland counties:
- Frederick County - $91,640 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $78,260 per year
- Allegany County - $72,240 per year
A business administrator in the following counties in Maryland make the lowest salaries on average:
- Somerset County - $62,210 per year
- Washington County - $62,720 per year
- St. Mary's County - $68,690 per year
For more data regarding a career in business management in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as healthcare management or construction management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Business Management in Maryland
- Certificate in Business Management in Maryland
Curious what studying Business Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||9,060||$111,720||20.5%|
|Administrative Services Managers||7,720||$80,070||-1.9%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||570||$88,620||-48.2%|
|Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes||160||n/a||300.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business management related jobs in Maryland