There are schools offering business degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Maryland
Johns Hopkins University, which is located in Baltimore, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a business program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. 699 students graduated with a degree in business from Johns Hopkins University in 2010. Students at Johns Hopkins University paid $40,680 per year in tuition fees.
Towson University, which is located in Baltimore, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a business program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 870 students graduated from Towson University business program. Students at Towson University paid $7,656 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Maryland that has a business program is University of Maryland-Baltimore County. University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. In 2010, University of Maryland-Baltimore County graduated 69 students from its business programs. Tuition at University of Maryland-Baltimore County was $9,171 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Maryland's business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,924 per year, though tuition can range from $40,680 per year to $2,204 per year. The Maryland business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Loyola University Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $39,350 per year
- Washington College - located in Chestertown, students are charged $36,738 per year
The following Maryland business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
A business degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Many Maryland business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. 143,070 business professionals were working in Maryland in 2010. Of these, 19,980 were business analysts. In addition, 3,960 were chief executive officers, and 51,990 were operations managers. The Maryland counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Anne Arundel County - 72,030 business professionals
- Frederick County - 40,820 business professionals
- Washington County - 3,040 business professionals
The government projects that the number of business professionals in Maryland will grow by 12%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 171,200 business professionals working in Maryland. The greatest growth for business professional is predicted to be amongst Financial Examiners, who are expected to increase by 33% by 2018.
business professionals in Maryland make an average of $88,370 per year. But, salaries for business professional can vary. In 2010, business professional made as little as less than $16,280 per year or as much as more than $164,290 per year in Maryland. The counties in Maryland with the highest average salary for business professionals are:
- Frederick County - $97,556 per year
- St. Mary's County - $90,070 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $86,765 per year
On average, business professionals earn the least in the following Maryland counties:
- Garrett County - $63,450 per year
- Allegany County - $63,802 per year
- Washington County - $69,236 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Maryland were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $172,630 per year
- Operations Manager - $120,860 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $114,170 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Maryland were:
- Loan Officer - $65,440 per year
- Credit Counselor - $58,340 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Business in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Maryland
- Certificate in Business in Maryland
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||51,990||$120,860||3.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||22,240||$75,870||1.9%|
|Administrative Services Managers||7,720||$80,070||-1.9%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||3,030||$86,050||23.7%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,950||$83,390||87.5%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,460||$114,170|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Maryland