There are schools offering computer networking courses in Maryland!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Maryland
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Maryland receive computer networking degrees every year. That means an estimated 447 computer network administrators graduate from Maryland's 22 computer networking schools each year.
Johns Hopkins University, which is located in Baltimore, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. 71 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from Johns Hopkins University in 2010. Students at Johns Hopkins University paid $40,680 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Maryland that has a computer networking program is Towson University. Towson University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. In 2010, Towson University graduated 2 students from its computer networking program. Students at Towson University paid $7,656 per year in tuition fees.
Stevenson University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a computer networking program. It is located in Stevenson. 53 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Stevenson University in 2010. Students at Stevenson University paid $22,090 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Maryland's computer networking schools ranges from $40,680 per year to $2,996 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,565 per year. In 2010, the computer networking schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Stevenson University - located in Stevenson, students are charged $22,090 per year
- Capitol College - located in Laurel, students are charged $20,462 per year
The following Maryland computer networking schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- The Community College of Baltimore County - located in Rosedale, students are charged $2,996 per year
- Garrett College - located in McHenry, students are charged $3,110 per year
- Baltimore City Community College - located in Baltimore, students are charged $3,112 per year
A computer networking degree from a Maryland school... what next?
A large number of Maryland computer networking graduates become computer network administrators. If you decide to work as a computer network administrator in Maryland, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 8,820 Maryland computer network administrators as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Maryland computer network administrators:
- Anne Arundel County - 4,550 computer network administrators
- Frederick County - 2,620 computer network administrators
- St. Mary's County - 240 computer network administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer network administrators in the state of Maryland will grow to 12,060. This would require a 28% growth in the profession.
A computer network administrator in Maryland makes an average of $80,400 per year. The following counties in Maryland have the highest average salaries for computer network administrators:
- Frederick County - $82,090 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $80,670 per year
- St. Mary's County - $76,170 per year
The Maryland counties with the lowest average salary for computer network administrators are:
- Allegany County - $55,970 per year
- Somerset County - $62,270 per year
- Caroline County - $65,140 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in Maryland
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Maryland
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||520||$58,850||246.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Maryland