There are schools offering computer programming courses in Maryland!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Maryland
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Maryland receive computer programming degrees every year. Thus, Maryland's 12 computer programming schools put out approximately 78 computer programmers each year.
Frostburg State University, which is located in Frostburg, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Frostburg State University graduated no students from its computer programming program. Students at Frostburg State University paid $6,904 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Maryland that has a computer programming program is Capitol College. Capitol College, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Laurel. Tuition at Capitol College was $20,462 per year.
Hagerstown Community College, which is located in Hagerstown, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Hagerstown Community College computer programming program. Hagerstown Community College charged in-state students $2,716 in tuition fees per year.
Computer programming schools in Maryland, charge students an average tuition of $6,076 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,462 per year, or as little as $2,204 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Maryland computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Capitol College - located in Laurel, students are charged $20,462 per year
- University of Phoenix-Maryland Campus - located in Columbia, students are charged $11,880 per year
- Frostburg State University - located in Frostburg, students are charged $6,904 per year
The following Maryland computer programming schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
- The Community College of Baltimore County - located in Rosedale, students are charged $2,996 per year
A computer programming degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer programming school in Maryland go on to work as a computer programmer. In 2010, there were 7,000 computer programmers working in Maryland. The largest populations of Maryland computer programmers are working in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 3,220 computer programmers
- Frederick County - 2,640 computer programmers
- Washington County - 150 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in Maryland will shrink by -8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,880 computer programmers working in Maryland.
A computer programmer in Maryland earns $77,260 per year on average. A computer programmer in the following Maryland counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- St. Mary's County - $86,040 per year
- Frederick County - $79,730 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $76,500 per year
A computer programmer in the following counties in Maryland make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allegany County - $54,230 per year
- Caroline County - $59,220 per year
- Washington County - $61,820 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Computer Programming in Maryland
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Maryland
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||520||$58,850||246.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Maryland