There are schools offering design programs in Maryland!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Maryland
The top-ranked school in Maryland that has a design program is Towson University. Towson University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. 1 students graduated with a degree in design from Towson University in 2010. Towson University charged in-state students $7,656 in tuition fees per year.
University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a design program. It is located in Baltimore. In 2010, 9 students graduated from University of Maryland-Baltimore County design program. The tuition rate at University of Maryland-Baltimore County was $9,171 per year.
The third-ranked school in Maryland that has a design program is Maryland Institute College of Art. Maryland Institute College of Art, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. In 2010, 138 students graduated from Maryland Institute College of Art design program. The tuition rate at Maryland Institute College of Art was $35,690 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Maryland's design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,757 per year, though tuition can range from $35,690 per year to $2,204 per year. The Maryland design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Maryland Institute College of Art - located in Baltimore, students are charged $35,690 per year
- Stevenson University - located in Stevenson, students are charged $22,090 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Owings Mills - located in Owings Mills, students are charged $18,048 per year
The following Maryland design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
- Frederick Community College - located in Frederick, students are charged $2,911 per year
For more data regarding a career in design in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion design or drafting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Design in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Design in Maryland
- Certificate in Design in Maryland
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Designers, All Other||280||$37,200||-22.2%|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||230||$56,430||9.5%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||210||$63,930||-16.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Maryland