There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Maryland!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Maryland
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in New Jersey
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Delaware
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Virginia
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Pennsylvania
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Washington DC
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Maryland
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Maryland graduates receive degrees in early childhood education. That means an estimated 440 early childhood education professionals graduate from Maryland's 23 early childhood education schools each year.
Johns Hopkins University, which was ranked 12th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Baltimore. In 2010, Johns Hopkins University graduated 5 students from its early childhood education program. Students at Johns Hopkins University paid $40,680 per year in tuition fees.
Towson University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Baltimore. 175 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Towson University in 2010. Towson University charged in-state students $7,656 in tuition fees per year.
Salisbury University, which is located in Salisbury, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. 36 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Salisbury University in 2010. Students at Salisbury University paid $6,908 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Maryland's early childhood education schools ranges from $40,680 per year to $2,204 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,478 per year. In 2010, the early childhood education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Hood College - located in Frederick, students are charged $29,860 per year
- Stevenson University - located in Stevenson, students are charged $22,090 per year
The early childhood education schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Wor-Wic Community College - located in Salisbury, students are charged $2,334 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Many Maryland early childhood education graduates become a kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. 39,640 early childhood education professionals were working in Maryland in 2010. Of these, 7,940 were preschool teachers. In addition, 3,670 were kindergarten teachers, and 26,710 were elementary school teachers. In Maryland, the largest numbers of early childhood education professional work in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 19,560 early childhood education professionals
- Frederick County - 6,590 early childhood education professionals
- Washington County - 1,640 early childhood education professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of early childhood education professionals is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 47,830 early childhood education professionals working in Maryland then. Of these 47,830 early childhood education professionals, the government predicts that 8,390 will be preschool teachers, 5,090 will be kindergarten teachers, and 32,720 will be elementary school teachers.
On average, early childhood education professionals earn a salary of $45,390 per year in Maryland state. However, this number is only an average. Early childhood education professional in Maryland had varying salaries from $16,940 to $113,740 per year in 2010. On average early childhood education professional earn the most in the following Maryland counties:
- Frederick County - $56,475 per year
- St. Mary's County - $48,245 per year
- Somerset County - $47,853 per year
The Maryland counties with the lowest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Anne Arundel County - $42,083 per year
- Allegany County - $42,540 per year
- Washington County - $43,713 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in Maryland were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $59,840 per year
- Preschool Director - $46,270 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $45,750 per year
On average, the lowest paid early childhood education professionals in Maryland were:
- Kindergarten Teacher - $45,750 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $29,700 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in early childhood education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Maryland
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||26,710||$59,840||-2.2%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||7,940||$29,700||18.9%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,670||$45,750||0.3%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||1,320||$46,270||41.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Maryland